Become admin on a Nodecraft Rust serverLast updated: 06/30/20
Firstly, you will need to install an RCON program on your PC. We recommend RustAdmin for its ease of use. We have an entire guide on how to install and set this up, which can be found in the "related articles" section at the bottom of this article.
After the RCON is Installed and Setup
- Enable the Web RCON setting and enter an RCON password via your Game Settings in the Advanced tab within NodePanel.
- Save and restart your server
- Configure Rust Admin to access your server's RCON:
- Click the Configuration tab
- Select the WebRcon option under RCON Type
In the Server window:
- Put your server's IP in the IP section (do not include the port)
- Put the server port in the server port section
- Put the RCON port in the RCON Port section (You can view the RCON port on the game settings page)
- Put the admin password you set up in your game settings in the password section
- Save the settings
To connect, click the server tab in the top left corner, and then click connect. Once you've logged into Rust Admin, run the following commands:
Below are three entirely separate commands, that need to be entered individually into your RCON, and then executed.
ownerid STEAM64ID "playername"
On the second command, you must replace STEAM64ID with a valid Steam64ID (such as
76561198047699606) which you can obtain using the following website:
If you add yourself to admin while on the server, you must re-log onto the server to access admin.