Adding a whitelist to your serverLast updated: 06/30/20
Day of Dragons offers a whitelisting system which allows you to restrict your server to only the players you wish to join.
Add whitelisted players with NodePanel
As the official server hosting provider for Day of Dragons, our panel provides lots of useful features for Day of Dragons server admins. This includes an interface to manage and enable the whitelist on your server.
- From the "Game Settings" menu, ensure the "Enable Whitelist" checkbox is checked and saved.
- Open the "Players" menu and click on the "Whitelist" tab to open the interface
- Search for the player you wish to add to the whitelist. You can use their Steam community profile name, or their SteamID.
- Once you're done adding players to the whitelist, hit the "Save" button to save changes.
Add whitelisted players manually
- Open the
/Dragons/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/Game.inifile. This file path may be different if you're running the server under another operating system.
- The file will look somewhat like this:
[/Game/Dev/Libraries/Classes/Runtime/DragonsGameInstance.DragonsGameInstance_C] iServerMaxPlayers=20 bServerUseJoinList=false
bServerUseJoinList=trueto make the server use a whitelist.
- Add additional lines such as
sServerJoinList=76561198047699606to the file for every SteamID you want to be whitelisted. This uses the Steam64ID format, which you can lookup using a tool like steamid.net.
- Here's an example if you wanted to add 2 users to the whitelist:
[/Game/Dev/Libraries/Classes/Runtime/DragonsGameInstance.DragonsGameInstance_C] iServerMaxPlayers=20 bServerUseJoinList=true sServerJoinList=76561198047699606 sServerJoinList=76561198157725231