Adding admins to your serverLast updated: 12/04/19
Day of Dragons offers an admin system and allows you to assign admin permission to multiple users.
Add admins with NodePanel
As the official server hosting provider for Day of Dragons, our panel provides lots of useful features for Day of Dragons server admins. One of these features is an interface to easily add admins.
- Open the "Players" menu and click on the "Admins" tab to open the interface
- Search for the player you wish to add as an Admin. You can use their Steam community profile name, or their SteamID.
- Once you're done adding players as admin, hit the "Save" button to save changes.
Add admins manually
- Open the
/Dragons/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/Game.inifile. This file path may be different if you're running the server under another operating system.
- The file will look somewhat like this:
[/Game/Dev/Libraries/Classes/Runtime/DragonsGameInstance.DragonsGameInstance_C] iServerMaxPlayers=20 bServerUseJoinList=false sServerAdmins=76561198047699606
- Add additional
sServerAdminslines to the file for every SteamID you want to be admin. This uses the Steam64ID format, which you can lookup using a tool like steamid.co.
- Here's an example if you wanted to add 2 users as admin:
[/Game/Dev/Libraries/Classes/Runtime/DragonsGameInstance.DragonsGameInstance_C] iServerMaxPlayers=20 bServerUseJoinList=false sServerAdmins=76561198047699606 sServerAdmins=76561198157725231