Banning players from your serverLast updated: 06/30/20
Day of Dragons offers a way to ban troublesome players from your server.
Ban players from your server with NodePanel
As the official server hosting provider for Day of Dragons, our panel provides lots of useful features for Day of Dragons server admins. This includes an easy to use UI to ban players from your server.
- Open the "Players" menu and click on the "Banned Users" tab to open the interface
- Search for the player you wish to ban from the server. You can use their Steam community profile name, or their SteamID.
- Once you're done adding players to ban, hit the "Save" button to save changes.
Ban players manually
- Open the
/Dragons/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/Game.inifile. This file path may be different if you're running the server under another operating system.
- The file will look somewhat like this:
[/Game/Dev/Libraries/Classes/Runtime/DragonsGameInstance.DragonsGameInstance_C] iServerMaxPlayers=20 bServerUseJoinList=false sServerBanList=76561198047699606
- Add additional
sServerBanListlines to the file for every SteamID you want to ban. This uses the Steam64ID format, which you can lookup using a tool like steamid.net.
- Here's an example if you wanted to ban 2 users from the server:
[/Game/Dev/Libraries/Classes/Runtime/DragonsGameInstance.DragonsGameInstance_C] iServerMaxPlayers=20 bServerUseJoinList=false sServerBanList=76561198047699606 sServerBanList=76561198157725231