We're at the end to yet another exciting month for the Nodecraft team. We've got another update, adding a game, and celebrating our 6th year anniversary! We're nearly halfway through the year and we haven't even got to the really exciting stuff yet!
Thanks to the Nodecraft Community!
Since we launched Nodecraft we've had just a few requests for trials… Okay, you got us. We've had a LOT of requests for trials. It's something we've wanted for a long time, but finally were able to launch on the new NodePanel v2 platform. If you break down all the problems the Game Server Hosting industry has, trust is plays a huge factor in how our gamers make their decisions. One of the core missions at Nodecraft is to ensure we provide a layer of transparency to our customers. With our trials you get a perfect snapshot of how great your online gaming experience can be.
We also want to take a quick moment to thank one of our customers for disclosing a vulnerability in our Two Factor Authentication process for users. This vulnerability affected a small portion of our userbase (0.05%). Thanks to this report we were able to replicate and patch the issue - so big thanks to susDissonance.
The Summer Sale has launched!
A couple folks have already told us it's a little early for a summer sale. To those folks:
Have you stepped outside lately?
Be sure to make the smart decision to stay inside, where it's air conditioned and has video games. Get a Nodecraft Summer Pass so you can create a game server for up to 17 games, and swap to any game for no extra fee!
Here's the changelog for the 2.5.0 release of NodePanel.
- [GAME] Conan Exiles
- [ADD] Trials! A long requested feature by prospective customers has been the ability to trial our service. This is now available directly from the checkout page, for all of our base-level packages (no addons). This also gives people a chance to demo our control panel to see all of the great features it offers.
- [ADD] [7D2D] Configuration UI added for tweaking all known server settings.
- [ADD] [TF:2] Basic configuration UI added for setting the server map, max players, etc.
- [ADD] New customer tours. We know that some parts of our UI can be a little daunting to new users. We've created some basic wizards to guide new users through creating and deploying their first instance, as well as an overview of their first instance UI.
- [FIX] [Minecraft] Gamemode/difficulty config options care now displayed correctly.
- [FIX] [Minecraft: Bedrock Edition] Whitelist/ops UI now functions as expected. No more need to use the console!
- [FIX] [PixARK] Output parsing adjusted to work with the new PixARK updates. This unfortunately removes our ability to track players as accurately as before.
- [FIX] [Terraria] Player tracking improved.
- [FIX] [7D2D] Player tracking improved.
- [FIX] File downloads are now available on the NodePanel Mobile UI.
- [FIX] Webooks from automated task events would sometimes not fire correctly.
- [PATCH] 2FA Vulnerability that would previously allow any TOTP code to work for a user account.
As always we're looking for your feedback, suggestions, or games you want to see added to our growing platform. Say something on the official community feedback platform.