An update to UniverCity has been released! See the full changelog below:
- Walls are now lowered when placing rooms/buildings. It ended up being pretty hard to place a building behind another building as you could only see where the wall was and not the border. This should hopefully solve that issue.
- Added another type of trash to make things look a bit more interesting.
- Trash now fades into the floor instead of just disappearing when cleaned up
- Fixed students missing lessons when loading a save file This would happen if you saved whilst a student was walking to a lesson, the game wouldn't save the fact they were walking and when it loaded the game again the student would assume it couldn't reach the room.
- Added basic command support support on the server console. Currently only "quit" and "save" for now.
- Redo the female student models. No longer a copy/paste job from the male model.
- Smooth shadow rendering, shows more on lower settings.
- Changed the rendering of shadows on water. This occurred due to an optimization on shadow rendering breaking the hack used for water shadows.
- Fixed some holes in a few models
- Modified the textures of doors and added a few new colors.
- Slowed down the snack stop's serving time and fixed a few issues with its script
- Cleaned up some unused code/data from the old idle system
- Optimized shadow rendering slightly by doing it at a later rendering stage
- Animated model rendering improvements which should allow for slight differences in body shapes when sharing animations.
- Reduced the amount of VRAM required slightly by changing the types used for some framebuffers.
- Optimized the ECS used internally to save some memory
- Optimized some memory allocations in a few hotspots.